The Made in Japan Boxer Series recreates a classic Fender collection from the late ‘80s. Designed for high-performance players, each Boxer Series instrument comes equipped with high-output pickups, speedy necks and advanced electronics.
The Boxer Precision Bass® combines a high output P-Bass® split-coil pickup with a hot Jazz Bass® single-coil pickup, independent volume controls and a TBX™ tone control for super-flexible sonic options perfect for nearly any playing style. These basses feature a Medium “C”-shaped maple neck with a 12” radius rosewood fingerboard and 20 jumbo frets for comfortable, modern playability.
- Basswood Body
- Boxer Series PJ Pickups
- Medium “C” neck; 12” radius rosewood fingerboard; 20 Jumbo Frets
- TBX™ Treble Bass Expander Tone Control
- Black Painted Headstock
Basswood is a lightweight wood with well-balanced tone that pairs well with hot pickups.
Boxer PJ Pickups
Boxer series Precision Bass® split-coil and Jazz Bass® pickups deliver full lows, punchy mids and crisp treble tones versatile enough to cover any genre.
MEDIUM “C” PROFILE NECK WITH 12” RADIUS FINGERBOARD
The Medium “C” neck profile is comfortable and easy to play, with a fast feeling 12” radius and jumbo frets.
4 Saddle Bridge
Combining form and function perfectly, the 4-saddle bridge features modern slotted saddles for enhanced tuning stability and punchy attack.
TBX Treble Bass Expander control delivers versatile tone shaping, offering sounds not available with a standard tone control.
BLACK HARDWARE & “F” LOGO KNOBS
A hallmark of the original Boxer series, the all-black hardware and distinctive rubberized “F” logo knobs are recreated here.
- Case/Gig Bag Gig Bag
- Body Material Basswood
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Precision Bass®
- Bridge Pickup Boxer Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup Boxer Precision Bass®
- Controls Volume 1 (Middle Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup), Master TBX™ Circuit (Treble Bass Expander)
- Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickups, Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Configuration PJ
- Bridge 4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware Finish Black
- Tuning Machines Gotoh® Vintage Style
- Control Knobs Black Plastic
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane with Gloss Polyester Headstock
- Neck Shape Medium “C”
- Scale Length 34″ (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 12″ (305 mm)
- Number of Frets 20
- Fret Size Jumbo
- Nut Material Bone
- Nut Width 1.5″ (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays White Dot